Bioinformatics Core Facility
The Bioinformatics Core Facility provides access to advanced data analysis tools and supports IMB researchers at different levels depending on their project needs. This ranges from basic bioinformatics services to full-scale scientific collaborations in the context of “big data” research projects. Services include:
- Consulting on biostatistics and experimental design of genomics projects
- Data quality assessment, processing, analysis, visualisation and interpretation
- Implementation of NGS pipelines and their customisation for individual projects
- Development of novel software tools and custom methods for specific analysis tasks
- Data mining of published datasets, correlation and integration of results
- Assistance with the preparation of manuscripts, presentations and grant proposals
- Workshops on bioinformatics and biostatistics topics to facilitate data access and analysis
- Testing, implementation and customisation of software tools and online services
The Facility also provides bioinformatics expertise for the Collaborative Research Center on “Regulation of DNA Repair & Genome Stability” (CRC 1361), as well as the newly established “Science of Healthy Ageing Research Programme” (SHARP).
Some of the bioinformatics tools developed at IMB have been also made available to the research community:
- dupRadar is a tool for RNA-seq PCR duplication rate assessment
- PingPongPro is a tool for discovery of piRNA “ping-pong” signatures
- NGSpipe2go is a set of modular pipelines for NGS data processing and analysis
For further information please contact the Bioinformatics Core Facility staff.