Effective Communication in multi-national Science Teams
This is a 2-day highly interactive workshop with trainer input, exemplary critical situations, plenary reflections and discussions, individual and group exercises as well as trainer feedback. The aim of this seminar is to gain professional competences for everyday academic life.
The following topics will be covered:
- What constitutes a successful diverse, multi-national scientific team?
- Your critical experiences with multi-national scientific teams
- Circle of Causes of Conflicts and the 4 Dimensions of Diversity
- Our Diversity, Perception, and Cultural Imprints as an Orientation System
- Iceberg models of Culture and Communication
- Key Cultural Imprints: their impact on cooperation & communication, working relations, and learning & teaching by and in multi-national scientific teams
- Intercultural Communication
- Building intercultural bridges
- Team development and collaboration in successful diverse scientific teams
- 4 Sides of Communication
- Non-violent Communication as interculturally aware form of communication
- Flower-Model: Diversity- and Intercultural Competences for your teamwor
If you are not part of one of the IMB associated programmes, please email training(at)imb.de for application as an external participant. Terms and fees will then be communicated to you directly.